Thursday, August 28, 2008

Massachusetts, home.

I too am now back home. I pulled in around 11:45 pm last night. A brisk 4 hour drive compared to the marathon of previous days. In her half awake, half slumber state Jessica was as excited as I was for me to be back home. This whole trip has been bittersweet in a way, as she has been home for the past week and a half working, while Brian & I have been out cruising half the country. As much as I've loved the places we've been and the rides in between, it feels really good to be back home. As Brian mentioned in his closing post, She does rule!

Today I was able to join her at the doctor's office, where we were told that Baby Girl Solomon & Mom are healthy & doing quite well. After Watching Jessica have her blood pressure taken I decided it would be a good idea to give it a try as well, and allow them to take a blood sample. As predicted my blood pressure is stable, but the blood tests came back positive for Barbeque, cole slaw, & various pale ale's. "What have you been doing lately?" the doctor asked. I could only smile.

It saddens me that this is my final Destination Iowa post. It turns out that Iowa was our destination in a geographic context, but our true destination was adventure, and we certainly had one. That guy in Virginia may have the same parents as I do, but Brian, you are definitely my brother as well, and a most excellent traveling companion! So many tales to tell, hard to believe that these 12 days have gone by so quickly. We may not be able to do it again anytime soon, but we sure will be talking about it for years. That old photo is awesome! It was a little weird not to wake up in a hotel room to "yo doggy dogg!" You are the man.

Things I will Miss:
1. handing over the keys
2. Bridget, baby you sure know how to direct.
3. This Blog- Telling everyone the good times we are having
4. Strolling the streets of various cities in search of local coffee spots.
5. Simply staring out the window for hours at a time in the middle of nowhere. There is something soothing about it.

Things I'm looking forward to:
1. My Bed
2. Not filling the gas tank every few hours
3. Fruits & Vegetables, significantly neglected during the trip
4. Enjoying the next few weeks with Jessica
5. Being a dad

As I crossed the Charles River last night I realized it was the last and the first of several great rivers we had crossed during our trip, others include the Connecticut, Hudson, Delaware, Susquehanna, Allegheny, Monongahela, Ohio, Cuyahoga, Mississippi, Missouri, Potomac, and of course the Des Moines. Damn! Many hours, many miles, many roads, many smiles.

Lastly I'd like to give a shoutout to my car. She's a beast. Not a single issue the whole trip (fingers crossed for the next few weeks.) She shall be rewarded with a much needed wash, for we have murdered hundreds of insects and possibly 1 bird while on the road. I'm gonna drive her into the ground, hopefully years from now. Ride on girl....
For those still reading who have kept up with us, we hope you've enjoyed our posts as much as we've enjoyed sharing them with you.
May your travels be safe.
Bye.

No comments: